Your personal information
Personal information is any information that is specific to a particular customer using our services.
We may collect your personal information such as:
- Your name, gender, date of birth, identity document number
- Your delivery and/or your billing addresses, telephone number, fax number, email address
- Your banking information, debit or credit card details
- Information on products and services purchased by you
- Your preferences for particular products and services
- Your demographic information, education level, occupation, household income, interests and activities
- The channel you chose to purchase our products or services
- how you use our products and services, which may include your traffic data and the date, time, duration and cost of your communications and the types of websites that you visit, your spend, your device details, your phone usage, your purchasing habits, your location, your searching and browsing history on our websites
- your amount of data usage, roaming information, internet protocol (IP) address which we collect when you visit our websites and your device details, the date and time of your visit of our websites, the type and version of browser used, the operating system and platform and the URL of any websites which you used to access our websites
- your communications with us
- your account information such as your billing history, the services you use and anything else relating to your account
- any information necessary to make a credit check with credit reporting agencies
- any other information we need to provide a particular service
How we use your personal information
We collect and use personal information to help us manage your account:
- to confirm process your orders
- to validate you as a registered customer when using our services or when calling the Digital Corner Contact Centre
- to deliver products and services to you (whether we provide them or not)
- to manage your account with us and for billing purposes
- to improve our products and services and develop new ones
- to manage our network and help us optimise your network coverage and our network
- to tell you about our products and services or allow trusted partners to tell you directly about their products
- to respond to any questions or concerns you may have regarding our network, products or services
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, government and law enforcement agencies’ requests
- to make credit decisions about you
- to ensure security for you and our staff
- to prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to our services or networks
- to carry out statistical analysis and studies which may be shared with third parties, only in an anonymized form
We may monitor your use of the services and record any calls made to the Digital Corner Contact Centre for training, financial control, quality control and regulatory purposes.
We use various types of cookies, including essential cookies (which help you move around the secured areas of the websites and do things you have specifically come to the websites for, for examples remembering products you put in your basket and information you enter in forms), cookies for website information (which collect anonymous information about how visitors use our websites, including the most popular pages and any error pages you see), and cookies that save your settings.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be shared with, or transferred to, our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and trusted third parties (including agents, resellers, subcontractors and suppliers who are directly involved in the supply of the services ordered by you. We shall not share or use your personal information with our affiliates or any third party that is not directly involved in the provision of the services, without obtaining your prior express consent. However, you always have the option to withdraw your consent by contacting Digital Corner Contact Centre.
We may disclose your personal information, with predefined processes, if such disclosure is:
- permitted by UAE applicable laws;
- expressly permitted by the UAE telecommunications regulations or any other aspect of the UAE regulatory framework;
- in response to legal process (e.g. police, emergency services, etc..) in order to comply with a court order or applicable law or in connection with judicial proceedings or other legal process.
- necessary for the execution of the agreement between us and the provision of our services to you;
- made in order to protect us or our customers’ legitimate interests;
- expressly permitted by you (express opt-in consent).
To be more specific, we may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Digital Corner, our customers or others. We may share your personal information with reputable credit reporting agencies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also share your personal information for emergency services, including your approximate location.
We may be required to disclose your personal information or legally intercept the services to comply with the laws of the UAE or the express instructions of a competent authority (such as the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority) or where it is deemed necessary in the interests of public or national security.
In addition, we may share aggregated and/or anonymized (non-personally identifiable) information, derived from your personal information, publicly and with our partners such as publishers, advertisers, website owners etc.
At any time if you would prefer to stop receiving such information from Digital Corner, you may use the “unsubscribe” option included in the message or contact the Digital Corner Contact Centre.
Digital Corner and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TDRA) understand that some of you may not wish to receive promotional SMSs or calls anymore. Therefore, you can opt-out from these communications at any time. In that case, please consider the below options:
– If you do not wish to receive SMSs from Digital Corner about offers and promotions, please text “b Digital Corner” to 7726 and we will immediately make sure that you will not receive any promotional SMS.
– If you do not wish to receive any SMSs at all about offers and promotions, please text “ball” to 7726 and we will immediately make sure that you will not receive any promotional SMS.
– If you do not wish to receive SMSs from a specific sender about offers and promotions, please text “b sender ID” to 7726 and we will immediately make sure that you will not receive any promotional SMS from that specific sender.
– To stop receiving promotional calls from Digital Corner, you may send your request by typing DNC and sending it to 1451; these requests to stop receiving promotional calls will be processed within 30 days.
We respect your privacy. Informational messages from Digital Corner such as bill invoices and balance recharge notification, service and information related communication, etc. are not subject to blocking.
Digital Corner will include your contact details including your name or trading name, address and mobile phone number in a directory, in the case of an individual, upon obtaining your prior consent, which will make your details available through directory enquiry services.
If you want your contact details to be updated or withheld from directory enquiry services, please contact us.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain, from time to time, links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, including online stores and service providers hosted within our website, which are operated by third party merchants. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these third party privacy policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
How long we retain your personal information for
Some of the personal information, which you give to Digital Corner when subscribing for a service or product, will be retained for a reasonable period after termination of the subscription.
The periods for which we keep your information depend on the purpose for which your information was collected and the use to which it is put. We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary or needed for our business purposes or for legal requirements, and then we delete it from our systems.
Accuracy and access to your information
You agree to provide us with accurate personal information at all times and you will notify us promptly upon any changes to your personal information. If you want to access any of your personal information you may contact us by mail or email. Upon verifying your details, we will, free of charge, disclose the relevant personal information we hold.
Username and password
Digital Corner may ask you to set up or provide you, from time to time, a username and password for access to our services. You acknowledge that any username or password used to verify your identity for access to the services is personal to you and should not be made available to any other person. You should stop using your username and / or password and notify Digital Corner immediately if you suspect that someone else may be using them.
Digital Corner will not be responsible for any loss you may suffer as a result of the misuse of your username or password.
Security and protection of your personal information
We do our best to protect your personal details and other information about your account and use security measures to prevent any compromise of your personal information, including storing your account details and personal information on secure servers.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you should write to the address below:
Data Protection & Privacy
Head Office Marketing Department
Office M2 – 17 Altorath St – Al Nahyan Area – Zone 1 – Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates